By Justin Lee (Singapore)
Munich Airport International GmbH (MAI) is a provider of airport management, consulting and training services to airports all over the world. MAI was established in the context of Munich Airport’s evolution from being a leading operational readiness and airport transfer (ORAT) service provider to a global airport operator.
Established in 2017, MAI is a 100% subsidiary of Flughafen München GmbH (FMG), the operator of Munich Airport in Germany. FMG is owned by the Free State of Bavaria (51%), the Federal Republic of Germany (26%) and the City of Munich (23%).
MAI plays a crucial role in Munich Airport’s Strategy 2025, which outlines the company’s medium-term development plans. The strategy describes five key fields of action, all based on sustainable value creation: airside traffic development, landside access and traffic development, seamless travel, expansion of non-aviation business and off-campus growth. Especially the latter – off-campus growth – is driven by MAI.
The company provides best practice solutions for the entire airport lifecycle, including
– bid advisory services for airport concessions,
– airport masterplan and design,
– operational readiness and airport transfer (ORAT),
– efficient and sustainable airport operations,
– optimization of aviation and non-aviation revenue,
– tailor-made leadership, management and operational training programs, and
– comprehensive airport management.