By Justin Lee (Singapore)
Based in New Delhi in India, GMR Group is a global infrastructure conglomerate with interests in the airport, energy, transportation and urban Infrastructure sectors. Through GMR Infrastructure Limited, the company is listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
GMR Group manages its India and overseas airport assets through GMR Airports Limited (GAL) and its subsidiaries. GMR Airports Limited itself is partially-owned by France’s Groupe ADP, which holds a 49% in the company.
- Delhi International Airport Limited. Delhi International Airport Limited ( DIAL) is a joint venture, formed as a consortium between GMR Airports Limited (54%), Airports Authority of India (26%), and Fraport AG & Eraman Malaysia (10% each) to own and operate Indira Gandhi International Airport serving India’s capital city of New Delhi.
- GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited. GMR Hyderabad International Airport Limited (GHIAL) is a joint venture that owns and operates Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad. GHIAL has also signed a concession agreement to commission, operationalize and maintain the Civilian Enclave at Bidar Airport in North Karnataka. Apart from GMR Airports Limited, which has a 63% stake in the joint venture, other shareholders of GHIAL include Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (11%), Airports Authority of India (13%) as well as the State Government of Telangana (13%).
- GMR Goa International Airport Limited. GMR Goa International Airport Limited (GGIAL) is a a 100% subsidiary of GMR Airports Limited (GAL) that is developing a Greenfield Airport at Mopa in North Goa. The Airport Project is based on the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- GMR Visakhapatnam International Airport Limited. GMR Visakhapatnam International Airport Limited (GVIAL) is developing a Greenfield International Airport at Bhogapuram, Vizianagaram in Andhra Pradesh. This Airport Project is based on the Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- GMR–Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation. GMR-Megawide Cebu Airport Corporation (GMCAC) is a consortium between Megawide Corporation and GMR Airports Limited that has been formed to manage and develop the Mactan Cebu International Airport for 25 years under the Philippine government’s Public Private Partnership program.
- GMR-TERNA Consortium. GMR Airports Limited is in a partnership with Greece’s TERNA Group for the development, operations and management of Heraklion International Airport serving the city of Crete in Greece. Creation of the GEK-Terna consortium was facilitated by Modalis during the bid stage of the project
- GMR Airports Netherlands BV. In December 2021, through GMR Airports Netherlands BV, GMR Group entered into 49:51 partnership with AP II to for the development and operation of Kualanamu International Airport (Project) in Medan in Indonesia over a 25-year period.