- Melissa Peneycad – Managing Director, Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure
- Jill Doucette – CEO Synergy Enterprises – United Nations Institute for Training & Research – Modalis Expert Team
- Stephan Schwolgin – WAPPP Member, Bangalore International Airport
- Serkan Kaptan – Deputy CEO TAV Airports Holding
- David Stanton – Managing Director, Ontario Airport Investment Ltd (Ontario Teacher’s Pension Plan)
- Roshnie Van der Zwan – ESG Manager, Finance Department, Schiphol Airport Group
- Holger Schaefers – Sr. Executive VP, Global Investment and Management at FRAPORT AG
- André Van Hoeck – Principal Investment Officer Infrastructure and Natural Resources – IFC
The 2nd of the WAPPP Airport Chapter’s series, this webinar is focused on the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in the airport sector.
In recent years, achieving the 17 SDGs of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development adopted by the United Nations in 2015, has become a priority for most major airports and consequently they have launched a lot of significant actions to address a majority of these goals. The COVID19 crisis has accelerated, perhaps more in the airport sector than in any other sectors, the need to integrate SDGs into the management of all airports in the world.- there are many reasons for this, whether it be the global airport policy recommended by ACI, the various public obligations of each country in SDGs matters, but also the constraints imposed in the financing of airport infrastructure.
Today, it is clear that Airport PPP frameworks are very little to take into account the obligations relating to SDGs and this leads to many questions, including how to finance the investments and expenses necessary to an approach to achieve the SDGs.